How to Prevent Leaking Pipes
Despite where your building is located, your home or business could receive significant water damage. Your business can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups or storm damage. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. In order to decrease the amount of damage your building will sustain, contact the professionals immediately. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors can address, asses and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage.
The Causes of Water Damage
We all have home appliances that we need for day to day life. But a broken appliance can cause major problems. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, sink or toilet, there are many appliances that can flood and cause major issues. If you have an emergency on your hands, don’t worry. The experienced water repair technicians from Paul Davis can repair any water damage issues. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rain
- Cresting rivers or streams
How to Prevent Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are some ways you can prevent water damage:
- If any leaks occur, examine them closely and fix them immediately.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink, because it cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you can shut off your water main immediately to stop irreversible damage.
- Keep an eye out for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. You might have a leak on your hands.
- To prevent damage to your gutters and roof, clean your gutters regularly.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to be smart. Regularly check your house and appliances. Is there a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
How We Help You
When the worst happens, don’t wait. Paul Davis franchises all have 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, including:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring damaged possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Turn to Us for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Your home can sustain serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you’re in need of a water cleanup company call Paul! at 888-473-7769. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.