Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, although the species of mold that resides in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your property. You need to take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the type of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will devise the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, the best choice is to work with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your home as well as major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it lives in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in getting your home healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in damp, porous surfaces like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and migrates in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services required to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.