Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the strain of mold that has spread in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be virtually impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your residence. You need to be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the species of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will devise the best way to treat it then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, the prime option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your residence along with major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it’s found in, this means that the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that can produce toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your residence safe and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist locations like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder weather, this mold is coral or pink in color and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.